About me

Thursday, July 24, 2014

3 months sugar free and counting



I love that when I'm not eating sugar, I don't crave it. I can't even count on both hands how many times I've had the opportunity to have dessert or cake or lollies and I've turned them down every time. I'm so proud of myself. As I know as soon as one taste reaches my lips it's all over. I won't be able to resist. So it's good to have a line drawn in the sand.

My weight isn't dropping much. But I did win the 'biggest loser' at my work place last term - yeah!!!

I'd love to get down a further 3kg before summer but so long as I don't gain, I'll be happy. I'm very happy that I've found out how to eat best for my body. Avoiding wheat, potatoes etc... most of the time and processed sugars. Eating lots of fat, meat, cheese, veges and some fruit. It's working for me and I'm feeling good. Plus I haven't been really sick this winter. Coincidence? I think not.

I do have a bit of an addiction to almonds :-)
How are you doing?
ZG xx

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you and that you're doing so well. I am still struggling with the no sugar but I am HEAPS better than I was. I still just love the taste so every now and then I will have a few raisins for the sweet taste or like last night half a dozen pebbles from the bag my husband is eating which is an improvement but it's not zero. I know that the least amount of sugar I eat the better my weight will be - keep us posted with your progress. I've had to hide my blog as I have a "friend" reading my inner most personal thoughts which was not my intention... I like recording my thoughts but not for people I know to read and then judge me by. Take care, wwangel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed that you can have 'just a few' pebbles. I wouldn't be able to stop until I'd eaten the whole bag :-)
      Sorry to hear you've had to hide your blog, that sucks but I totally get why. Keep me posted through here, as you help motivate me and I love to hear how you are going. x

      Delete