About me

Monday, January 14, 2013

Short term goals for 2013



I've been reading about a lot of people making short term goals rather than New Years resolutions and I think there is some merit to that so I'm setting a few for the month:

1. Blog once a week (hopefully on a Monday)

2. Drink more water (I'll do this by drinking a glass of water before every meal which equals about 5 plus a day, that's a start anyway)

It's summer down here in New Zealand and its a HOT, STICKY one. In other words, you can't get away from the heat unless you're swimming. I feel like I'm constantly sweating. Therefore my running has taken a long holiday as even at 6am it's too hot :-( that and the fact I've fallen into the bad habit of staying up late and 6am is just too early.

I start back at work this year (after 2 years of maternity leave) but only for 2 days a week. I think I'm looking forward to it.

So where am I with Dukan? Well I've stocked up on lots of proteins today and my garden is full of beans and cucumbers and tomatoes, although with it being so dry, I'm not sure I'll be getting my usual bumper crops (photo from last year). I lost 1kg this week, which is approximately 2 pounds, which is okay as I didn't stick to the diet religiously.

And my last thought for the week: my favourite thing about the Dukan diet is... I don't have to record what I eat... weight watches, atkins, etc... they all require you to count or record and I got SOOOOO over that in the past. Hello Dukan!!!

Let's encourage each other to lose this year and to finally reach our goals and stay there! What is your favourite thing about your diet? 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... My favorite thing about my diet right now is that I am not on one. However, that isn't likely to yield results I would like to see.
    The couple of good things about the way I have been eating are that I am not overeating and that I am juicing good veggies.
    The worst thing about my diet is that I have allowed alcohol back in. Whenever I get too busy in my life I drink more often. It helps me to relax. I know this is not good.
    I am really glad you are back to posting. I enjoy your posts very much and they motivate me. I have about 8 kg to lose and I know I need to get serious.
    I have been working out more, which is half of the weight loss puzzle for me. Stricter diet is the other. I should make some short term goals around eating this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true... it is easier to 'not diet', my only problem with that is, I just don't eat normally anymore. I've lost the ability to do that. Like I always say, I'm either very very good or very very bad. Not something I'm proud of.

      I guess I'm lucky I don't enjoy alcohol, but tempt me with chocolate... arghhhh

      Perhaps I should be breaking down my 10 pounds/5kg into bite size chunks... otherwise it sounds so much. This week I'd like to lose 1 pound, more if possible :-)

      Great to hear from you. Keep up the great work, we can do this!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey great to read another post from you. I would say the best part of my diet is that I'm a closet dieter.... I don't tell anyone I'm on a diet but truth is I'm being very vigilant about what I'm eating and usually it doesn't matter where I go to eat I can usually order something Dukan friendly or as I call it "clean" so don't need to reveal my secret. Well done on the 1 Kg loss!

    ReplyDelete