About me

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Distance Goal


One of my goals for 2017 was to run/walk 1000km. It might not sound much to some, but last year I only managed 500km so it's double what I've done in the past.

I know that around winter I normally lose total motivation to exercise, so this was an attempt to keep exercising during the colder months.

As of today, I'm just over half way to my goal (547km) with more than 6 months to go.

As far as motivation goes, it has been a total winner. I use a free app called Endomondo to track my walking and running and every time I think up excuses not to exercise, I check my app to see how my kilometres are going and it drives me on to complete my goal. I also have friends set up on the app to compete against. Another win!

And you know what.... it makes me feel so good about myself to be striving for this goal and smashing it. And we all need to feel good about ourselves often. It's not something I thought about much in the past but it's so important to me now. There are so many things in life that pull us down and weigh us down, that anything that helps pull us back up is something we need to hold onto!

Sometime I'll post about my battle with anxiety over the past few years and how that changed me.

Til next time :-)
Zealous Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment