About me

Friday, January 6, 2012

Swimming

Finally the numbers are starting to go down again on the scale. Weighing myself daily is so much more motivational than I realised. Why wasn't I doing this last year???

Today the sun was shining (yay) so we went down to the beach (10 min walk) and swam in the late afternoon. Our beach is really shallow and the tide has to creep a long way up the hot sand to the beach, which makes it super warm on high tide afternoons. My son and I had a great time splashing and relaxing in the water. Miss 8 months wasn't so keen.

Yesterday we went to the zoo, a first for Mr 3 (nearly 4). It was fun to see his expression when seeing the huge animals for the first time. Probably a bit overwhelming for him too. I was so proud of myself. I managed to pack a dukan friendly lunch.

Sad thing about walking around the zoo all day, it's aggravated my hernia, so I'll have to take it easy for a few days. I'm hoping to get back into my running next week.

See ya later
ZG

1 comment:

  1. I agree -- I find that weighing myself every day is really helpful in motivating me to stay on track. (I think that's part of the reason why I fell apart food-wise while on vacation -- no scale)...

    ReplyDelete