About me

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bad habits

Yesterday I was out during dinner time with not enough food. Silly me. So I decided to have a double cheeseburger and ditch the buns... BUT in my hunger and rush, I TOTALLY forgot to ditch the buns and was half way through before I remembered. BAD ME. Despite this the scales were kind to me this morning. Let's hope they stay that way!

I have a school reunion in 2 weeks. How's that for motivation to lose a few more pounds!

I also have a date for my hernia operation. It's in six weeks. Then for a further six weeks I am not allowed to do any lifting. And I'm not meant to start running again for a further 6 MONTHS... stink! But I can walk and still follow Dukan. Perhaps it's time I got back onto my bike?!

ZG

2 comments:

  1. So pleased you have a date for the operation, the sooner it is the sooner you can start the recovery process. 6 months is such a long time but I guess the healing needs time and better it heals properly in the 6 months than have continual problems because you started too soon, Sounds like the cycling could be a good substitute. Do you have a mag trainer so you can do it stationary indoors while it is winter = wet & cold?

    As for the cheeseburger - we learn from those mistakes. The problem is I can't keep Atkins or Lo Carb bars in my bag for emergencies as I have such pathetic willpower and eat them when I get the "urge" so I started keeping a can of tuna and a fork in my bag for those moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a stationary bike (I've lent it to my father-in-law at the mo but I'll get it back when I need it).
      I'm hoping it doesn't take 6 months before I can run, but I don't want to cause it to happen again, as exercise, weights and pregnancy made the hernia come in the first place.
      I like the idea of keeping a can of tuna in my bag. Must do that. Thanks

      Delete